Rules and Regulations
The SIA Charity Run is committed to provide all participants with a safe and enjoyable experience, alongside accurate timings and places in our race results. We are also committed to the highest standards of fair play amongst all participants and reserve the right to disqualify any participants who breach our rules of the road.
General Race Policies
- Only registered runners wearing assigned bib numbers will be allowed on the race courses.
- Bib numbers MUST be positioned at the front top centre of the race T-Shirt and MUST be worn throughout the entire race. The bib number MUST be visible at all times. Do not cut or fold the bib. Do not deface running numbers with stickers, markers, or any writing.
- Race timings will be recorded using MYLAPS Tag, an electronic tag that is attached to the bib (available for 10km Challenge runners only).
- Runners are strongly encouraged to seed themselves according to their projected pace. The fastest runners should be at the front and slowest runners/walkers should be near the back. Remember, the MYLAPS Tags will give you your real time and any delays after the Gun Start won’t count toward your finishing time.
- Runners are to complete their respective races within the following cut-off times:
– Stay tune for updates
- Race bibs are non-transferable. The Organiser reserves the rights to disqualify and/or refuse entry into the start pen for entries that has been transferred.
- Selling or trading of Bib Numbers is STRICTLY not allowed. The Organiser reserve the right to disqualify and/or refuse entry into the start pen for entries that has been transferred.Selling or trading of bib numbers is STRICTLY not allowed. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify and/or refuse entry into the start pen for entries that has been sold or traded.
- Personality Mobility Devices including but not limited to strollers, walking strollers, roller-skates, skateboards, skate-scooters, scooters, bicycles are not permitted on the course on race days. “Personality Mobility Device” means a vehicle that –
(a) Is designed to be used by one person;
(b) Has one or more wheels that operate on a single axis;
(c) Is propelled by an electric motor attached to the vehicle or by human power or both; and
(d) Does not resemble a motor car or motor cycle.
- Competitors who accept any assistance from any other person may be disqualified.
- Protests related to actions of any race official or runner will be accepted in written form. Verbal protests will not receive responses. All decisions of the race director are binding.
- Pets (horses, dogs, cats or other animals) will not be allowed on the course on race day.
- Participants who missed the flag-off time of their category will not be allowed to participate and will automatically be disqualified from the race.
- No refund will be offered to participants who missed the race flag-off.
- Runners will only be entitled to win the prize of their respective registered race category.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions at its sole discretion and without prior notification.